Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Today, I was browsing through Sephora just looking at all the goodies they have to offer. Then I came across their nail polish. I noticed a HUGE sign that said $2, of course I had to look. All of the colors of the nail polish were very unique and bright! Usually, when looking at nail polish what you see in the bottle is not always what you get. Assuming they weren't going to be very pigmented I tried some on my nail and was pleasantly surprised, the color was amazing! All I needed was about two swipes of the polish and the color was flamboyant. I was so amazed that I started playing with all of the colors. When I finally made my decision on which ones to buy I contained myself to only buy three. I probably would have bought all of the colors if I wasn't careful! I highly recommend checking these polishes out! I mean two dollars! Come on, that's like couch cushion money! This deal lasts a limited time only! I'm pretty sure it ends on April 1st or 2nd but don't hold that against me, I could be wrong! You just have to check it out for yourself. The colors I bought were Goddess, Jaded, and After Party. Tell me what shades of polish your going to buy! P.S Sorry for the short stubby fingernails! That's how they grow, not long and pretty like some other people! The first picture I'm wearing Goddes, the second is After Party, and the third is Jaded!
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Now as you may have know by now, Urban Decay's Alice in Wonderland Palette is sold out! Before you start searching for one on ebay, read this post! I was looking at a tester of the palette at Sephora. As I was looking at the shadows I was swatching them on the back of my hand. I was deciding whether or not I really wanted one or not (before they were sold out). Then, I realized that the shadows I swatched looked a lot like ones I already had. It ended up they were all shadows that were already out as singles or in palettes but just renamed. I played around more with the single eye shadows until I got matches and I researched more about it. The names of the shadows in blue are from the Alice Palette while the other names in green are normal single shadows you could purchase from Urban Decay.
- Underland - Flash
- Alice - Painkiller
- Chessur- Chopper
- White Rabbit - Polyester Bride
- Oraculum- Baked
- Queen- Last Call
- Wonderland- Maui Wowie
- Curiouser- Grifter
- Muchness- X
- Mushroom - Mushroom
- Absolem- Homegrown
- Drink Me Eat Me- Sin
- Midnight Tea Party- Midnight Cowboy Rides Again
- Vorpal- S&M
- Mad Hatter- Twice Baked
- Jabberwocky- Oil Slick
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Our hair goes through so much everyday. It has to deal with hot styling tools, hair products, and pollution. All of those factors contribute greatly to unhealthy hair. Sometimes, it just needs some TLC to keep it looking fabulous! The tips listed below are ones that I have discovered that work well for me!
- Use a deep conditioner once a week on your hair. This allows it to gain strength to repair itself from the week. (Try Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner, 3 Minute Masque)
- Have a lazy day! Pick a day that you can give your hair a rest from hot styling tools. Braid your hair or put it in a bun the night before so when you wake up and take it out you'll have gorgeous waves!
- Before you dive into the pool (or ocean), rinse your hair with water and apply a leave in conditioner. The hair follicle is very porous so it will absorb pretty much any chemical in the pool. This will cause it to become dry. Applying a deep conditioner makes the hair absorb that instead of the icky chlorine and salt water. (Try Garnier Fructis Leave-in Conditioning Cream)
- If you want extra volume instead of teasing it try hair rollers. It gives you that all around beautiful lift, not to mention it makes it look shinier too! Use bigger sized rollers for more volume and smaller ones for a curlier look (that has volume of course!) (Try Conair CHV14J Instant Heat Jumbo and Super Jumbo-Sized Rollers)