- Down - Jay Sean - Warm-Up - Spin at a light pace that is fast enough to warm your muscles but not too light that you aren't feeling anything.
- Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 - Sprints - 30 seconds on sprinting 30 seconds off or sprint on the chorus of the song and then pull back on the verses.
- Cheers - Rihanna - Hill Climb - A nice long stretched out hill, start out with your resistance at a personal 4-5 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being your hardest. Then increase about half a number ever 30 seconds.
- Booty Music - Git Fresh - Jumps - Now if your not familiar with jumps, jumps are when you go a few counts out of the saddle and a few counts in the saddle. It's pretty obvious in the beat of the music when your up and down. This song ranges from 16 counts, 8 counts, 4 counts, and 2 counts.
- Stereo Love - Edward Maya - Booty Workout- Now this isn't really a specific cycling workout, it's something that I created and personally love, love, love to do to lift my butt. It has transformed my behind like you wouldn't believe. Anyway, basically you switch off between a light standing jog (position one is sometimes what it is called) and hoover (position two). If your unfamiliar with hoovering it is when you have your butt over the top of your saddle and your almost touching, hence the name hoovering.
- The Cave - Mumford and Sons - Sprints - Once again, your doing sprints! Try to keep at an up tempo pace the whole song and sprint on the chorus. The chorus is really distinct, the banjo in the background will make you want to sprint even faster!
- 1901 - Phoenix - Hills - With this song I like to increase all through the verse, go to about a 9 on a scale of 1-10 and then when the chorus hits sprint down!
- Check It Out - Nicki Minaj - Jumps - I swear, this song was made for jumps IT'S PERFECT! I like to do 16 counts for about 2-4 times. Then I transfer into 8 count jumps, when the chorus hits I like to 2 count jumps. Make sure you have enough resistance when doing 2 count jumps. If there isn't enough it could cause you to feel like your legs are out of control. At the bridge of the song (slow part around the middle of the song) you can take this time to recover for a bit.
- The Anthem - Pitbull & Lil John - Booty Workout - For this booty workout you can pick what times you want to jog it out and hoover. Whatever you end up doing your working your butt off, literally!
- 6'7" - Lil Wayne - Up Tempo - Basically the goal during this song is to stay up tempo (on the beat of the music) the whole song. Try to keep your resistance around a 4-5 on a scale of 1-10.
- Levels - Achiivi - Hill Climb W/ Sprint - This song was my personal favorite to workout to. You do a hill climb on the slow part of the music and then when it breaks out into techno (or dubstep, whatever its called) you back off the resistance and sprint down. Start with your resistance on about a 6 and then increase ever 30 seconds. When the song slows down for a while do a really stretched out hill climb. Then when the climax hits back off and sprint down the hill.
- Please Don't Go - Mike Posner - Jumps - Start out with 16 count jumps, do about 4 of them. Then do about two 8 count jumps. When the chorus breaks you can either do 4 count jumps or 6 counts up and 2 counts down. Repeat this through the whole song.
- Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People - Hill or Booty Workout - If you choose to do a hill it's a really stretched out hill. You start at about a 4 out of a scale of 1-10 and increase about a quarter every 15 seconds. If you choose to do the Booty Workout then you can alternate between jogging and hoovering everything 30 seconds.
- You Don't Have To Leave - Mike Posner - Cool Down - During this cool down slow down your cadence to about 90 RPM (Rotations Per Minute) and you want medium resistance. Really take your time cooling down.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Every morning before I get ready to go to school I like to practice Yoga for 30 minutes to an hour outside in my backyard. It makes me feel zen and energized for the day. I feel so in touch with my body. I've been practicing Yoga for almost 4 years now so I'm pretty in-the-know about poses but sometimes I want to try something new. A few days ago I was looking through the itouch apps and I came across All-In Yoga. I read the reviews on it and they all were positive. I ended up buying it to try something new and because it was only three dollars. I am extremely pleased. There are many awesome features on this app that could really improve your practice.
A few are:
- Muscle diagrams of poses
- Videos for how to get into a pose
- Make-Your-Own Routine Option
- Already made routines
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Check em' out here!
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
I can't go one day without going to the gym. Some days, even when I'm extremely busy, I'll still go and have a sweat session at the gym. I have some awesome tips for ways to get fresh without having to redo your hair. When I'm really tight on time I like to put my hair in a shower cap or tie it back and just wash my body. The reason is, I have pretty long hair and it takes quite some time to blow dry it. I have a few awesome products and tips that I like to use after I workout to tidy my appearance. At the beginning of your workout, put your hair in a bun that you wrap around itself (like a ballerina bun) instead of a pony tail. This will help prevent those nasty hair tie bumps. If your hair won't stay in this style the whole time your at the gym try using a fabric scrunchy rather than a regular hair tie. Once your finished with your workout head into the gym bathrooms. If there is a blow dryer available (or even a hand dryer), flip your head upside down so that way your roots of your hair are exposed, then blast it with the cold setting on the blow dryer until your hair is dry. Once you flip your hair over it should have a bit more life than before. Now, use a dry shampoo, a few good brands are Pssssst, Fredric Fekkai, or Ojon. You can find these at either Target or Sephora. Lift your hair at the roots and spray where it greasy or dull looking, then allow it to dry for a few seconds. After it dries, finger fluff your hair to give it a bit more volume. Lastly, set your hair with hairspray to get the finishing look. Hair spray will make it look glossy and fresh.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Now I got this idea from Shape Magazine. I thought it would be a great thing to post on my blog every once and a while to remind people how many calories certain treats really are and what would would have to do to burn it off! So today I thought, since its Summer and all, that I would list a few things that may be at a Summer BBQ.
One Serving of Chocolate Ice Cream (1/2 Cup)
Total Fat: 7g
How To Burn It Off: Going on a leisure bike ride (under 10 mph) for 40 minutes.
One Serving of Lays Potato Chips (1 oz)
Total Fat: 10g
How To Burn If Off: Kick Boxing for 18 minutes
One Cup of Home Made Potato Salad
Total Fat: 20g
Protein: 6gHow To Burn If Off: Playing a game of Soccer for 55 minutes