Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Can I Have A Venti Passion Iced Tea Lemonade, Please?

I don't know you guys but where I live the Passion Iced Tea Lemonade is the new fad drink at Starbucks. I've had it and I loved it! But, then again I love any type of tea iced or hot! If your trying to watch your figure this is defiantly a drink for you. Its pretty low in calories for a Starbucks drink and it satisfies your sweet tooth! Its 190 calories for a Venti and zero fat. The only downside to this drink is its high in sugar, it has 49 grams! Eeekk, right?! Well, I was thinking and you can easily cut that sugar in half by ordering it in a different way. All you have to says it you don't want it sweetened. It will cut about 31 grams of sugar! Now, this won't change the flavor of the drink at all (in my opinion). Now, there's only 18 grams of sugar! If you've ever watched the Baristas at Starbucks make this drink, its quite gross. I watched them the other day and I realized they put six full squirts of this liquid sweetener in your drink and I'm not exaggerating, I counted! It made me wonder how much crap was in that sweetener that was going into my body! Gross, right?! Anyway, hope this quick little tip will help you out in the future! Have a healthy day! P.S I'm going to try to do a regular "Healthy Body Swap," this will be when I find a popular food or drink and explain the nutritional value of it. They will usually be pretty unhealthy but I'll find ways to make it healthier. Just like this post! I hope you guys will enjoy them!

1 comments:

SohoAccessories said...

I'm going to give this drink a try. Thanks for the tip !

Add This To Your Blog or Website!