So recently I bought a new book (well used) for two dollars off of Barns and Noble online. I was very excited. I actually bought three different books. If I bought them in store brand new it would of been 30 dollars for all free but I bought all three online for a little under 17 dollars with shipping included! I was very pleased. They were barely even used, just a few creases on the pages here and there, but I was fine with that! Now one of the books I found these great organic recipes for a face mask and body scrub. These are very good quality recipes because they are used at top spas all over the world. If you guys are interested in the book its called InSPAration. Not only does it have recipes for face masks but also ways to stay and eat healthy, exercises, and beauty tips! Now the two recipes that I found today are called Dazzling-Duo Organic Facial and Sweet-Stuff Scrub. These have been rated very high in the book.
Dazzling-Duo Organic Facial:
Must Have- 1 1/2 cups of water
2 chamomile teabags
1/4 cup of plain vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup of honey
Squeeze of Lemon Juice
1/4 cup dry oatmeal (not instant kind)
Unscented paper towels
- Boil 1 cup of the water and pour it into a wide bowl. Add the teabags and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Pour the yogurt honey, and lemon juice into anther bowl.
- In a third bowl, mix the oatmeal with the ½ cup of cool or lukewarm water.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and pat dry. Then use your fingers to gently massage oatmeal mixture over your face, using a circular motion. Leave the mixture on for 5 minutes, then rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Smooth an even layer of the honey-yogurt mask.
- Dip 5-8 paper towels, one by one, into the tea. Wring gently and place each on over a different are of your face to create the mummy effect. Leave your mouth and nostrils free so you can breathe easily. (hint: helps if your lying down they stay in place better)
- Relax for 15 minutes, then rinse your face again using cool water to seal in the moistures and close your pores against bacteria.
2 Egg Yolks
4 tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon granulated sugar white or brown
- Drop the egg yolks into a small bowl and stir lightly. Add honey and oil, mix thoroughly Stir in the sugar and mix well. The goal is to achieve a nice slushy consistency, so add a little more oil or sugar as needed
- Get in the shower, and use a washcloth or loofah to massage the mixture onto wet skin. Rinse well with lukewarm water, then finish with a soothing moisturizer.